IBD Blood Diagnostics
True Negative: 45
False Positive: 7
False Negative: 19
Negative Prediction Value = True Negative/(True Negative + False Negative) = 45/(45+19) = 70%
- Serological testing can be an adjunct to traditional diagnostics and assist in differentiating IBD.
- Serological tests, including the Prometheus Serum 7 and Prometheus IBD sgi Diagnostic cannot be used exclusively to diagnosis IBD.
- http://www.prometheuspatients.com/Products_Diagnostics.asp, retrieved 12/24/2012.
- Anna Zholudev MPH, David Zurakowski PhD, Wes Young BA, Alan Leichtner MD and Athos Bousvaros MD, MPH . Serologic Testing with ANCA, ASCA, and Anti-OmpC in Children and Young Adults with Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis: Diagnostic Value and Correlation with Disease Phenotype. The American Journal of Gastroenterology, 2004.
- F. Rashid, M.L. Bechtold, S.R. Puli, J.D. Bragg: Utility of IBD Serology Tests: Experience of an Academic Center. The Internet Journal of Gastroenterology. 2011.